28nm HKMG Technologies
Optimized for a wide range of applications from power-critical mobile, wireless and consumer to high-performance computing, networking and storage
28HPP and 28SLP utilize High-k Metal Gate (HKMG) “Gate First” technology that offers superior Performance, Power, Area and Cost (PPAC) characteristics, optimized scalability (die size, design compatibility, performance) and manufacturability. Both provide twice the gate density of comparable 40nm processes and an SRAM cell size shrink greater than 50 percent.
28HPP – High Performance Per Watt
28nm High Performance Plus (28HPP) is optimized for computing, networking, storage, and other wired applications requiring high performance per watt.
- Supports low, standard, and high Vt options with an operating voltage of 0.85V
- I/O choices include 1.8V with a 1.5V underdrive option
28SLP – Low Complexity GHz Performance
28nm Super Low Power (28SLP) is optimized for cost- & power-sensitive applications in mobile, wireless, consumer and other markets requiring GHz performance at low power and cost.
- Supports five Vt options - super low, low, standard, high Vt and ultra-high Vt with Vdd nominal voltage of 1.0V
- Two I/O choices include 1.8V with 1.5V underdrive and 3.3V overdrive options
- Wide choice of metal stack options, optimized for density and power including RF BEOL with ultra-thick metal
- ULP option in SLP with Vdd of 0.8V results in additional 45% power reduction
- Additional devices for ultra-low static leakage power
- Integrated RF and analog to reduce system cost, power and time to market
- Wide selection of foundation IP optimized for performance or power".
Superior Performance, Power, Area
Robust, Validated EDA and IP Ecosystem
- Full foundation and complex IP libraries
- PDK and reference flows supported by major EDA and IP partners
- Robust DFM solutions
Extensive services and supply chain support
- Regularly scheduled MPWs
- Advanced packaging and test solutions